7.12.2009

I'm on a boat! And apparently, the subway...


Last night turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be.

CAPCHA THA BOOTY, on a boat down on the river: awesome weather, BEEEEAUTIFUL views of Cincinnati and Newport. GAAAAHHHH, and I left my camera in the car like a stupid imbecile so I could not take any good pictures of the bridges and lights. It was lovely. The music was on as well. I ended up running into a friend and we hung out all night. We chatted with this girl named Life (really). She was 19. She wore a cut off tank top and some panties that said "Barely Legal" on her backside. Life was interesting. Life was...19. Her panty slogan was very befitting in a way. Haha. She had also been raving since she was 15. For a moment I was like WOW, that's a long time to be raving girl! But I was figuring in my age, not hers, in which case she has been raving for 4 years.

I guess that's still a long time to have raved/to be raving/to rave. I have no expertise in rave years.

It was fun. I also ran into my underage co-worker. That was somewhat awkward. But cute. Cubicle City reunion! er...

Regardless, the music was bumpin', checkout In The Groove Productions for future events if you're into techno, drum and bass, electronic vibes.

For the after party, I was told that I should bring myself to The Subway, downtown on Walnut. I had never been to the Subway, so I was excited. My excitement was not in vain either. I think I may have found a new hole-in-the-wall that I love. Last night Zeropoint was playing some OFF THE WALL RIDICULOUS drum and bass and hip hop fusion that was blowing. my. mind.

I made a note to check them out post event.

I should also note that last night, the climate was particularly sticky and gross here, so I was a sweaty mess. By 3am at the Subway I'm sure I was emanating a pretty raunchy aroma. However, that didn't stop my limbs from undulating to some music! The Subway is very reminiscent of, well, a subway. In fact, (don't quote me on this) I believe it's one of the old platforms that would have been used for the Cincinnati metro that got abandoned back in the 40's. So it's got this underground cool vibe that I enjoy. You know, dark and seedy and hip. Yeah. Check out my crappy pics. My camera was conveniently dying. Not a good camera night :( Oh well, fun was had folks! Now it's 10am and I've had 4.5 hours of sleep. Exhaustion + Starvation= Crabby, but elated, Moi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment